Friday 27 September 2013

Digital dreams 2012 @ Toronto, Canada

It was a 2-day event for which I went to one day of. There were three large stages with a couple of small ones catering to niche house listeners. One stage was more hiphop-ish while the main stage played the mainstream EDM so to speak. I was in for Kaskade of course, the rest were icing atop my Kascake. (boo!)

Unfortunately for the first day goers, Afrojack was not able to play then. Fortunately for us, the second day people, we got to watch him play. Alesso did well! So young yet so good. Personally, Im not a fan of Major Lazer (though he has this hit song that i hear a lot and it's ok) but a lot of people walked out on him saying Booo! reggae! boo!

For my first outdoor event, I had a lot of fun. It was just a bummer that it ended so early (park regulations). Why is this my first outdoor music fest? Well, back home, DJs did not come all together to perform. They came one by one, performing in indoor venues where they usually hold concerts and sports games. 

Ive been listening to EDM since 1998 and back then we all called it house, techno, electro...the like. I know there is a distinction but im no music guru so do not expect scholastic criticisms and reviews.

1998... time flies. :)

So below are some decent pictures I took. Enjoy!




 Sunbathing. Or not. :)
The Manwich. Perhaps it is safe to say that it is any man's dream to be in a situation like this..and then some. I love these twins. They wore teeny tiny bikinis and furry warmers. I got my inspiration to make outfits from these two.
 Blue steel.
 Of course no outdoor music fest would be complete without BEEFCAKES!

 An ocean of people. Amazing.


 I'm loving the visuals.
 Ahhhh the golden hour - Sunset.


 Bromance. Men on other men's shoulders.



Blow up zebras being passed around.

I was too far away but Kaskade's light show was too much for my phone cam to handle. He is my favorite artist of all time. I've been an avid house listener since 1998 and he is the only artist I diligently followed. I missed him twice way back home, where my friend did the opening acts for him. It was surreal to finally see him play. I think I cried a little. haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment